I received my new desktop/test rig/fileserver/sun ray server/internal webserver for my office at home today. I’ve ordered the wrong version of the case, so i have to purchase some additional fans tomorrow afternoon to complete the assembly. A first test install of OpenSolaris yielded no driver problems so far. Network detected, graphic card detected, sound detected. As some people asked me about my setup.
- Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
- AMD Phenom II X4 905e (4x 2.5GHz) 4x512k
- be quiet! BQT P7-PRO 450W Dark Power PRO
- 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3-1333
- Zotac GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB PCIe
- Sharkoon Rebel12 Economy Edition Big Tower
- LG GH22NS30 22x DVD±R 10x/8x DVD±R DL 12
- Two Seagate ST3250318AS Barracuda 7200.12 250GB
For the IPMP tutorial i’ve integrated two e1000g into the system, but they were transplanted from a old system into the new one. Well, I will report about my tests and the further configuration in the next few days.