CeBIT 2007: Preview of the StorageLoTek Modular Serial Storage System 8401
We present an experimental storage device at the CeBIT at the Solaris Workplaces. It´s the only experimental device we´re able to show in public, because it was developed by our german research team at the Computer Systems Integration research site in Munich: StorageLoTek Modular Serial Storage System 8401
- self powered stackable Interconnect Units
- up to 6 Sun StorageTek Modular Storage Units per Interconnect Unit
- variable length device stacking couplers for the mechanical connection of multiple Interconnect Units.
- serial bus host connect technology using twisted pair half-duplex differential signaling
- multiple independent connections to host.
- Up to 480 Mb/s per Interconnect Unit.
- Up to 100 Sun StorageTek Modular Storage Units per host connection.
- diagnostic leds for connectivity control
- RandomStorageUnitLocation-Reordering Technology to ensure device recovery after disastrous fragmentation of this highly modular storage device is delivered in conjunction with ZFS of Solaris.
- highly portable
- system consists out of commodity parts to ensure component availability.
- investment protection by using standardized interconnect protocols and cabling
I will post some photos this evening …. Beta Test Availability: Start of april